Saturday 17 August 2013

Three for the Guys!

Post 11.
 I thought I'd do a 3 for 1 today as foreign climates are beckoning and I won't be posting for a couple of weeks.
I've had a few 'male' birthdays to do cards for in the last week so I thought I'd share.

The first card is a 30th birthday card for a cricketer.
The image is a digi stamp from Just inklined , the image has been coloured with my pro markers. The papers are from a free digi kit from Serif called 'American Holidays 2011'.
I've cut the cricketer and papers out using my Sizzix hexagon framelits dies. The 30th tag was done in Craft artist 2, and again cut out with the framelits. 
The buttons are from the digi kit. I completed the card with the usual faux stitches, and a dolop of glaze to highlight the cricket ball.
 
Inside the card are more hexagons cut from the scraps I had left over,and the sentiment is a Lilli of theValley sentiment stamp.

This next card is the 'Game on' digi stamp from Mos digital pencil. Coloured again with pro markers.
I've gone all Kraft and blue for this one! The card is layered with kraft and coredinations card, then on plain white I've ramdomley stamped the A6 Plaid stamp from Creative Expressions, using vintage photo distress ink. I made 3 banners from my scraps, and a tag with the stamped sentiment on. To finish I've wrapped some bakers twine around the card and completed it with some card candi.
Inside are some more banners and another sentiment from Lili of the valley.

Finally a card for my nephew who shares his birthday with my son.
Can't beat Beer for a guy in his early 20's!!!! The stamps are from the Creative Expressions 'Cheers' unmouted stamp set. All the stamps, including the insert are from this stamp plate. Coloured with promarkers and all cut out, I've mounted the pints  on to  some kraft card and cut it with a spellbinders labels die. The background paper is once again from my Hot off the Press 'Cardmakers Foral Ultimate pack'.
I glazed both the main image and the little embellishments in the corner. And more faux stiches complete the card.
Hope you like todays selection. 
I may manage one more post before my jollies....iron holiday clothes or craft?  there's a dilemma!!
Happy crafting.
Clair xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment