Friday 20 September 2013

Christmas...arrggghhhh!

Post 15
Two posts in one evening...can you tell my OH is out!!!!
It had to be done , there is no denying the fact, Christmas is around the corner and I needed to make a start. So today, once the children were out at school I set too with my beautiful new Lili of the Valley stamp.
The stamp, Partridge in a Pear tree , I fell in love with as soon as I saw it. I coloured the image with my promarkers (a fine tip on your pens is a must for this image) then glazed the pears and glittered the buds.
The  image was then matted onto some red card stock then on to my base card, centura pearl.
The flower was cut from the Spellbinder poinsettia dies, inked, glittered and finished off with gems.
Quite a while ago I saw the Karen Burniston Pop N Cuts dies, and I finally bought the base die yippeee! I've been itching to play and this card fit the bill. So, having cut the base from the die I then cut some of the red card for the pop up...
as it was far too short I added on some centura pearl and a strip of green to cover the join. The sentiment is an old favourite from Lili of the Valley. The card was finished off with more poinsettias.
Once I had finished my first Pop n Cuts christmas card , I ditched the housework and became a machine for the rest of the day, managing only 6 cards....but very pleased with them, and a most enjoyable day to boot.
Happy crafting.
Clair xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment