Wednesday 18 September 2013

Retiring ....

Post 13
A card inspired and shamelessly copied from Octobers  'Craft Stamper' , there was an article a few months ago demonstrating this technique, and this month someone sent in a card having done their own version...it totally inspired me to have a go. In both the article and the readers version they have used distress stains. As I haven't yet invested in distress stains I had a think and decided to try my distress markers, applied as a water colour
Using a template cut out from a spellbinder label, 20 I think, I applied the colour in diagonal stripes....my first attempt was terrible, I used far too much water and it seeped under the template and made a dreadful mess. The second attempt was much better.
Once the paint was dry I placed the stencil back on the card and traced around the shape 3 times with a fine liner pen moving the template slightly each time.


The painted area was then covered with the positive I'd cut when making the template. I stamped the swirls using black memento ink. The stamps are some clear stamps I've had in my stash for years.  I inked around the card with antique linen distress ink and matted it onto some core-dinations cardstock.
The flower, also from my stash, was stuck on with pinflair glue gel. And finally the sentiment, I printed off my computer , cut it out banner style, and inked around the edges, before sticking it on the card with a raised part to give it some interest.
The inset was also inked with antique linen, and I repeated the process of drawing around the stencil and stamping my swirls to surround the sentiment inside the card. A few self adhesive pearls finish the card.
Hope you like. 
Happy crafting.
Clair xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment