Tuesday 1 October 2013

Christening.

Post 17
Todays card is a Christening card. The brief was.....the girls Mum was a rugby fan, the girls Dad was a football fan....the little girl is VERY girlie, go with the girlie for the card. Phew!!!! I couldn't imagine incorporating football and rugby into a christening card!!!

                                       
My image came from a retired cd rom of Joanna Sheens, 'Baby Love'              

                                   
I matted the image onto some ivory centura pearl card, and did some paper piercing around the edge, followed by a black matt. The backing paper which accompanied the imaged was cut with a spellbinders die, label 20 I think. I tried making a faux nestie to matt this onto, but I wasn't happy with my cutting out,so I cut a matt with the same sized die then off set it behind the decorative paper to give it a shadow effect, I repeated this with the tags and labels. The backing paper was from the free digikit , 'Daydream' that came with my well loved Craft Artist 2. I had to recolour it to co-ordinate it with my image.

                                    
I decorated the rest of the card with various flowers and pearls from Wild orchid crafts. The butter fly was cut from an old spellbinder die ,and embellished with self adhesive pearls.

                                    
Because of all the embellishments, a box was required. This I made using more centura pearl cardstock. I decorated it with another butter fly and the name of the little girl whose christening it was. The letters were cut from the sizzlit alphabet called 'First Steps'


Hope you like.
Happy crafting.
Clair xxx












No comments:

Post a Comment