Saturday 29 March 2014

1 stamp....4 cards!

Post 70
Today is a little challenge I set myself. I recently bought Michael Powells 'Tall Urban stamp (On the Look Out) , Which I instantly Loved!.
I challenged myself to make 4 different cards using various techniques.
The first is simply stamped on black card and embossed in white. Matted with black and white card, and finished with some ribbon and a sentiment


The second is stamped in black, then I stamped it again and coloured a fairly large section with my promarkers. I cut my favourite section of the coloured image out with a circle die, and positioned it precisely over the same spot on the black and white image. I cut out a circle frame, using my spellbinders dies, and framed the coloured area. The image was matted on some black and mounted on the base card. The same sentiment was used, some doodling around the edges and some black gems to finish it off.


The third time is a one ink pad wonder. Stamped with Vintage photo distress ink and water coloured using the same pad, I heat set the image before watercolouring as I didn't want to lose the sharp lines of the image. I drew a frame around the image using the vintage photo distress marker ( I did use a ruler but only as a guide, on close inspection the frame is drawn with wobbly almost deckle lines more in keeping with the stamp.)  I drew some faux stitching around the card base and my sentiment is cut, banner style, and positioned right over a thumb print!!!!!! Perfect. The card was finished with some old string I found, which I knotted 3 times before attaching it.



My fourth card is stamped onto watercolour card , quite heavy duty so it has loads of texture. I used my Distress markers to water colour the image. I once again drew a frame around the image and added a little zentangle. The sentiment is on a tab I cut using my Envelope punch board. More dooodling around the kraft base card to finish off.


Hope you like todays cards.
Happy crafting.
Clair xxx








No comments:

Post a Comment