Thursday 12 March 2015

Peony Scrolls.... blue shaker

Post 132
Good morning blogland. I'm on a roll with these beautiful stamps from Altenew, Todays card is another shaker. I'm on a roll with these too!


I drew a light pencil line marking where the aperture was going to be. I then stamped my flowers around that line, using masks where the images overlapped. I then fussy cut the flowers where they went over the line into the proposed aperture. Then using my die I made sure the cut part of the flower was above the die away from the cutting edge of the die, so the circle would be cut but the flowers would not.
The aperture was backed with acetate, and some fun foam cut slightly smaller than my card front and the same die used to cut a circle in it. I use the fun foam instead of foam tape to give the height needed for the shaker to work. And it sits perfectly behind the circle with no sticky edges for my shaker bits to stick to.


With a black marker I carefully went around the cut edge of the flowers to eliminate the white card exposed when fussy cutting. A tip I saw on you tube to make the image look finished off after it had been cut out. 
I painted the flowers with my watercolours the Kuretake Gansai Tambi paints...love them!, and once dry gave them a covering with my Wink Of Stella clear brush, to add a little sparkle.


For the backing of the aperture, I used the same water colours as in the flowers and washed an ombre effect. I then stamped my sentiment and embossed it using white embossing powder.
I stuck some of the gems and sequins around the sentiment ,so when the card was stood some of the sparkle would still be seen and not all fall to the bottom of the card.



The card was finished off with some gems in each corner of the card.
I hope you like todays card.
Happy crafting.
Clair xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment