Monday 17 August 2015

Simply Happy Birthday

Post 151
Todays card certainly turned out better than I thought it would.
Using Altenews stamps 'Floral Motif', I stamped, embossed in gold and masked the flowers, to build up the arrangement. I'll be honest it looked terrible once the embossing was finished, but I persevered and went on to paint it with my Gansai Tambi water colours from Kuretake.


It surprised me how the image just came to life, and I instantly love it once the first flower was painted.


I used the mama Elephant 'Happy' die in a rich red card and stamped the birthday under it.


I used some fun foam under the panel to give dimension, and stuck it to my base card, to which I had added a strip of the red card I'd used for the die cut.


Hope you like todays card.
Happy Crafting.
Clair xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment