Monday 14 July 2014

The other sister card....

Post 86
This is the second card I'd made for my Mum to send to her sister....see post 85.
I thought I'd try to get away from A6 cards for a while so this is a 6x6 square card, matted with black and green card.
The wonderful image is from the Chocolate Baroque stamp set called 'Mackintosh Beauty'.

Being in watercolour mode I stamped this image on water colour card and used my Distress markers to colour it. I've tried many times to go direct to paper for water colouring with these pens, but it just doesn't work for me. My favourite method is to scribble the colour onto a white tile and use a brush to apply to the paper.


I've seen on you tube  recently sentiment dies being cut out numerous times and built up so it gives the impression of a chipboard word. So I thought I'd do it here. The individual letters were die cut 4 times, 3 in white card the top layer in black. I think the faffing about sticking the letters together was completely worth it and I will be using this again.



The image needed a little more than being matted onto black card, so I used some glossy accents on the flower heads.


Hope you like todays card.
Happy Crafting .
Clair xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment