Wednesday 30 July 2014

Blue poppy

Post 95
  Good morning crafty friends. Todays card is using a fairly old stamp from Sheena Douglass called 'Poppies and Daisies'. Stamped on watercolour cards and coloured Derwent watercolour pencils and Derwent inktense pencils.
The background is also some water colour card, I smooshed some distress ink onto my craft sheet, spritzed with water added some inktense pencil shavings (just the colour not the woody bit!!), this gives areas of truly intense colour. Then sank my paper into it and whizzed it around until I got a background I was happy with.




It's quite difficult to see but I added some shimmer to the heads of the poppies with the sakura stardust pen, then water brushing it out to spread around the flower.


I made sure my background was completely dry before using my anti static bag and stamping the sentiment and embossing it in black. This is another fabulous stamp from the 'Say it in Style' set by Clearly Besotted Stamps.


The card and image are all matted on black card and finished with some black gems.
Hope you like todays card.
Happy crafting.
Clair xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment