Sunday 28 September 2014

Pocket of Blossoms

Post 115
Todays card, I'm back to the wonderful 'Blossoming Buds' from Paper Smooches, teamed up with another fabulous set from Paper Smooches called 'Denim and Daisies'.
I'm still in the A6 card size rut, this one is a tent fold with it's bottom corners rounded with the corner chomper. 
I stamped the flowers on some water colour paper and gently coloured it with my water colour pencils, using my water brush to smooth it out. I stamped 2 of the smaller arrangements and cut one out in full, and selected various leaves and flowers from the other. Arranging them together spilling out of the pocket. The pocket I had stamped on some decorative script paper and die cut it out, with the co ordinating dies.

I knew I wanted the pocket on some kraft card, but it looked too plain. So, using the individual flowers from the set I stamped them randomly all over the kraft using versamark ink for the watermark effect (looks especially good on kraft I think!)
The sentiment is from the Clearly Besotted set 'Say it in Style', embossed in white.


To finish off the card I wrapped some blue bakers twine around the kraft card, and embellished the card with sequins, gems and some faux stitching.


Inside , another greeting from Clearly Besotted's 'Make a Wish' set. And some more of the blossoming buds in opposite corners.



Hope you like todays card.
Happy crafting.
Please leave a comment, it'd be good to hear your opinion.
Clair xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment