Friday 20 February 2015

New toys and techniques!!!!

Post 125
Good morning blogland, something different for me today. I've seen texture paste all over, and at first thought it wasn't for me, I'm not a messy crafter and tend to avoid or fail when it comes to creating backgrounds. But I took the plunge and invested in a pot of white texture paste, I have a pile of stencils, which aren't getting used used.....until now!!!


To start I inked some watercolour card with a variety of distress inks, gave it a blast with my heat tool, then positioned the stencil, 'Swoosh' from That special touch, applied the texture paste and set it to one side to dry.


I decided to add a tag to the card so I stamped a spray of flowers from an old creative expressions set, embossed it with white embossing powder and water coloured the image with similar colours to the background. I positioned the tag die , Lawn Fawns 'Tag your it', over the flowers, marked with a pencil where the tag sat then fussy cut around the flower and leaf which sat outside the cutting edge of the die. I then put the die back into position ensuring the fussycut area sat on top of the die so it wouldn't be cut. I think this is called 'out of the box' technique!


Once dry I decided I didn't want such a large panel for the background so I cut it with the Creative cuts die from 'Sew Fancy Creative cuts' set from Mama Elephant, love the detail across the top and bottom of the die. I cut the tag a hole reinforcer from the off cuts of background, and threaded some bakers twine through.
The card base is stamped with the My Favorite things 'Sheet diamonds and Dots borders' stamp in a very pale linen coloured ink. The panel adhered across the centre, the tag at an angle on one side of the card and to finish a greeting stamped and embossed on some vellum and a scattering of sequins.


Hope you like todays card.
Happy crafting.
Clair xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment