Tuesday 28 January 2014

Card in a box...

Post 38

Good afternoon crafty folk out there. The sky is grey the rain is coming down......it's a good day to get the stash out.
Recently on 'Pinterest' and 'you tube', all I've seen is the 'card in a box' . So today I thought I'd give it a go.
Here is the link to go to Monica Gales blog, you'll find the video tutorial on this page. This is the video which shows you the size of card I made.
This is a slightly smaller version of the original, and will fit (if I hadn't gone over the edges), in a standard C6 envelope.  The base is black Foundation cardstock,  matted onto that is some chevron paper I got from the Serif digikit 'Walnut Grove'. The other colour I chose to use was a vibrant green from Pink Petticoat called 'Crushed Pistachio'..lush!


The stamps I used are Creative Expressions ' Handbags Galore', I stamped and embossed these on the black cardstock , and on the green and chevron paper. They were all cut out, then I paper pieced the pattern paper on to the black bags.


They were stuck on the box, I was trying for a cascading effect!!!!!


On the front flap is the sentiment from the stamp set 'It's a girl thing!', this was cut using  Sizzix circle and label stitched framelits, Then matted onto some black.
The side flaps were decorated with cut outs of the smaller handbags Then to finish off we needed some ribbon and bling!!! Of course...gotta love self adhesive gems!


The back panel I left plain, for now. If the card gets used I will mat some white paper with a greeting on to it.


As you can see the card folds, fairly flat.


Hope you like todays card.
Happy Crafting .
Clair xxx






1 comment:

  1. What a FABULOUS idea Claire!!! Love it! Thanks for sharing the video tutorial link!

    ReplyDelete