Tuesday 14 January 2014

Challenging myself!

Post 30
I recently found , on you tube, a video demonstrating how made a 'card box holder and lid' just using one piece of A4 card. I decided to give it a go as I've watch a few of the 'Pootles papercraft' videos and loved them.
I used some ivory centura pearl for the box, and some papers from serif, called 'Walnut Grove' , I changed the colour of the chevron paper , but hey thats the advantage digi crafting, but the blue paper is direct from the kit.
The box was made as I said from one piece of A4 card, the decoration of the box was one piece of paper. Plus a little bakers twine, rhinestones and button brads from my stash.


 Once I'd completed the box I challenged myself to fill it using minimal materials.
I managed to make 6 cards, using 3 printed sheets of paper and 3 A4 sheets of centura pearl, I had some decorative paper left over, but the box would only fit 6 cards and envelopes in it. I used a variety of stamps  from my stash, some tissue paper flowers, various brads, stones, twine and inks to finish off the cards.



The box fits the cards and envelopes in fairly comfortably....had to go easy on the embellishments!!! Big Challenge!


I think it may make a nice gift.


Hope you like my little project.
Happy Crafting
Clair xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment