Tuesday 4 March 2014

All a flutter!!

Post 56
This is another commissioned card...the only brief was butterflies please and room for 2 verses inside (one from each of  the grandchildren). So to begin I dug out my 'Just Butterflies' stamps from Chocolate Baroque. I had chosen to used the Ginger foundations card stock, so when I stamped and coloured the butterflies I used reds and oranges from my distress markers. I wanted a fluttering effect so I stamped 2 of the larger butterflies onto acetate, cut them out the glittered them, and stuck them on top of the coloured butterflies.

The base card is 7 x7 inches matted with the ginger card and white card. I cut a frame in one layer and matted some lattice cut from my lattice spellbinders die. I mounted the frame with the lattice with strategically placed foam pads ( behind the butterflies) to give it some height away from the backing paper behind.





The flowers are a few Chrysanthemums from Wild orchid crafts, mixed in with some roses. And a couple of crystal topped stick pins, from Creative expressions.


The label is cut using Sizzix Sassy Labels, and the sentiment printed.


On the inside I stamped and coloured some of the tiny butterflies. And cut out another of the larger butterflies to go between the 2 verses.


With all them flowers on the front a box was needed. Along with more sassy labels and a butterfly.


Hope you like todays card.
Happy crafting.
Clair xxx

Please leave a comment, Thank you xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment